Skip to main content

2024 UTME: 1,402,470 candidates scored below 200 — JAMB

 







tribuneonlineng.com

The 



Y



The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), on Monday, disclosed that a total of 1,402,470 candidates scored below 200 in its released 2024 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) results.


Candidates are to check their results by 7 a.m. on Tuesday.

Registrar of JAMB, Professor Ishaq Oloyede, announced this on Monday at a news conference in Abuja, saying the figure is out of 1,904,109 sat for the examination while 80,810 were absent.

The 2024 UTME exercise which started on Friday 19th April, 2024, ended on Monday, 29th April, 2024.

Oloyede disclosed that 1,989,668 candidates registered for the examinations held in 118 towns in 774 Computer Based Test Centres (CBT).

He explained that 64,624 results were under investigation for various reasons such as verification (2,896), procedural investigations(4,594), and prima facie established examination misconduct (78).

He said other results under investigation were centre-based investigations involving 57,056 candidates in 18 centres across the country. The 18 centres listed for the investigation were 12 in Edo, three in Akwa Ibom, two in Delta and one in Kwara state.

“The Board witnessed a near-zero infraction situation in the 2024 UTME except for a few cases, which represent just a tiny fraction of what was reported last year.

“This is encouraging and the Board is poised to consolidate on the successes recorded,” he said.

He noted that the 2024 UTME was the most seamless examination conducted by the Board with massive deployment of state-of-the-art technology that has helped reduce drastically cases of examination malpractice.

According to him, in the course of the examination, 25 sessions experienced hiccups disrupting only 150 of the total 9,156 sessions in 95 of the 774 centres.

He said, “The examination misconduct is clearly being eliminated from examinations conducted by the Board as only 78 cases of examination misconduct were recorded in the just-concluded exercise”.

On the performance candidates in the 2024 UTME Oloyede revealed that a total of of 8,401 candidates scored 300 and above representing 0.5 percent while 77,070 candidates Scored 250 and above representing 4.2 percent.

Also, 439,974 candidates scored 200 and above while a total of 1,402,470 candidates scored below 200.

The JAMB Registrar advised candidates to use the phone numbers they used to register to text UTMERESULT to 55019/66019.

“There is no need to approach any CBT centre or cybercafé to check results. The following are the responses to be expected hence, a candidate with a result will receive the message: “Dear “Candidate X”, your result is as follows (and the details will be provided).”

“Those being processed and those absent would receive “under processing” and “absent” respectively,” he stated.

Oloyede, while giving a further breakdown of the results, noted that a total of 1,989,668 candidates registered for the examination, which he said was 24.7 per cent higher than the figure for the year 2023.

He said: “Of the 1,989,668 registered, 1,904,189 were present and verified, 2,899 were present but unverified, 80,810 were absent.

“There is a significant improvement in the enrolment of females, with over 1 million girls registering for the examination.

“This is the first time in three years that the number of females will be more than that of their male counterparts.

“Out of the total registration, 3,164 were of persons living with disabilities. There is a 36.2 per cent increase in the enrolment of People Living With Disabilities (PLWDs) as compared to last year.

“The Board is today releasing the results of 1,842, 464 candidates. 64,624 results are under investigation,” he said.

“Our examination, a selection exercise, will continue to be a model for equity, fairness and justice as far as admission processes are concerned. As we release the results of the 2024 UTME, we are proud and determined to continue to deliver on our mandate,” he stated

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ranking the World's Most Iconic Football Stadiums

  The world's top football stadiums are more than just venues for games; they're iconic representations of a team's heritage and character. Here are a few of the most renowned stadiums: 1. Wembley Stadium (London, England): This legendary venue has hosted some of the biggest games in football history, including the 1966 World Cup Final and the 2011 Champions League Final. Its impressive arch and excellent acoustics make it a standout stadium. 2. Allianz Arena (Munich, Germany): This modern stadium is known for its sleek design and vibrant atmosphere. Its exterior shell changes color depending on the team playing, making it a unique and recognizable landmark. 3. Santiago Bernabéu (Madrid, Spain): As the home stadium of Real Madrid, Santiago Bernabéu is a symbol of the team's success and legacy. Its excellent acoustics, modern design, and electric atmosphere make it a must-visit for any football fan. 4. Signal Iduna Park (Dortmund, Germany): This stadium is famous for its...

Jailbreak: FG pledges to relocate correctional centers

  Jailbreak: FG pledges to relocate correctional centers Published   on   April 26, 2024 By   Esther Chisom Tunji-Ojo made the pledge when he visited the Suleja Medium Security Custodial Centre. DAILY POST recalls that 119 inmates escaped from the prison following a rainstorm that damaged the facility on Wednesday. The minister said it was imperative to relocate a lot of the correctional centres to a more conducive environment. “This facility was built in 1914 to house 250 inmates; before this incident, we had 499. “This is a testimony to what we keep talking about the overcrowding of our correctional centres. “You can look at the environment, it shows that we need to relocate them away from city centres to create better space, better security, and better infrastructure,” he said in a statement issued in Abuja by the Director of Press and Public Relations of the ministry, Mr Ozoya Imohimi. Tunji-Ojo said the ministry is already working behind the scenes to build a be...

Panic Among Ministers As Buhari Set To Reshuffle Cabinet

President Muhammadu Buhari has confirmed speculations about an impending cabinet reshuffle and the reconstitution of the boards of federal agencies, to make the government function better. Buhari made his plans public in an address to party leaders at the APC NEC meeting yesterday. While admitting that the reconstitution of boards had been long in coming, the President explained that the need to ensure the right balance was largely responsible for the delay. This is coming two years after he took office in 2015. Those familiar with the President’s plan, said the planned cabinet reshuffle is likely to lead to a split of the Ministry of Transportation and Ministry of Works, Power and Housing. Observers are of the view that the President’s latest move is aimed at dousing growing tension. President Buhari said, “I am keenly aware that our supporters are very eager for these appointments to be announced. By the Grace of God, these appointments will be announced soon, es...