Skip to main content

Police tracked down the 'Facebook killer' after McDonald's employees held up his french fry order


 facebook killer mcdonald's 4316_Buffalo_Rd_ _Google_Maps

(The McDonald's on Buffalo Road in Erie, Pennsylvania.Google Maps) The man known as the "Facebook killer" may have been taken down by a group of McDonald's employees in Erie, Pennsylvania, authorities said Tuesday.
Steve Stephens posted a video of himself shooting and killing a man on Facebook on Sunday. Police said he died of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head on Tuesday afternoon after a brief pursuit by Pennsylvania state police.
Before the car chase, however, Stephens stopped at a McDonald's drive-thru and ordered 20 Chicken McNuggets and large fries for $5.35, the restaurant's manager, Henry Sayers, told The New York Times.
A female employee recognized Stephens when he came up to the window, then she confirmed with other workers that it was him, according
he employee took Stephens' money and waited for him to drive up to the next window before calling the police, DuCharme said. Although workers tried to stall Stephens by giving him his chicken nuggets but holding up his order of fries, he didn't wait.
"He just took his nuggets and said, 'I have to go,' and he drove off," Sayers told The Times. He said Stephens didn't speed away from the restaurant but drove at a normal speed.
A McDonald's spokesman said in a statement to Business Insider: "We applaud the crew members at this McDonald’s restaurant who recognized the suspect and did the right thing by quickly alerting the authorities of his location. Our thoughts and prayers are with the victim’s loved ones and all of those impacted by this horrific crime."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jailbreak: FG pledges to relocate correctional centers

  Jailbreak: FG pledges to relocate correctional centers Published   on   April 26, 2024 By   Esther Chisom Tunji-Ojo made the pledge when he visited the Suleja Medium Security Custodial Centre. DAILY POST recalls that 119 inmates escaped from the prison following a rainstorm that damaged the facility on Wednesday. The minister said it was imperative to relocate a lot of the correctional centres to a more conducive environment. “This facility was built in 1914 to house 250 inmates; before this incident, we had 499. “This is a testimony to what we keep talking about the overcrowding of our correctional centres. “You can look at the environment, it shows that we need to relocate them away from city centres to create better space, better security, and better infrastructure,” he said in a statement issued in Abuja by the Director of Press and Public Relations of the ministry, Mr Ozoya Imohimi. Tunji-Ojo said the ministry is already working behind the scenes to build a be...

FG set to deploy first batch of CNG vehicles ahead of Tinubu's one year in office come 29th May 2024

  FG announce plans to deploy the first batch of CNG Vehicles ahead of first anniversary of Tinubu in office on May 29th 2024. Said N100 billion was allocated to purchase 5,500 CNG vehicles, 100 electric buses, and over 20,000 CNG conversion kits. Deployment of CNG vehicles is parts of FG’s vision to have at least one million natural gas propelled vehicles on the roads by 2027. The Federal Government has announced plans to start the deployment of Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) buses and tricycles   for mass transit ahead of Tinubu administration’s first anniversary on May 29th. The move was disclosed by the Special Adviser to the President on Information and Strategy, Bayo Onanuga, in a statement on Sunday April 21st 2024. According to him, the Federal Government allocated N100 billion last year to purchase 5,500 CNG-powered vehicles (buses and tricycles), 100 electric buses, and over 20,000 CNG conversion kits. The funding, which is part of the N500 billion palliative budget, a...

Jonathan Opens Up: "Why I Don’t Want To Testify For Metuh"

An application filed by former President Goodluck Jonathan before the Federal High Court in Abuja has revealed further reasons why he wants to be excused from appearing as a witness in defence of a former National Publicity Secretary of the PDP, Olisa Metuh. Metuh is standing trial on charges involving, among others, the N400m he (Metuh) received from the Office of the National Security Adviser in 2014. The former President in his motion challenging the subpoena issued on him, stated that with “with several attempts by some persons in the current dispensation, to harass, intimidate and rubbish” his reputation and that of his wife, the witness summon issued on him upon Metuh’s request was a ploy to drag his name in the mud. He also argued in the motion filed on his behalf by his lawyer, Chief Mike Ozekhome (SAN), on Monday, that his testimony being sought in Metuh’s trial, would not only amount to an invasion of his right to privacy, it would also expose him to a cri...