Skip to main content

President Tinubu Makes Fresh Appointments




View pictures in App save up to 80% data.



President Bola Tinubu has approved the appointment of Barrister Farida Tukur Sada as his Special Assistant on Delivery and Coordination. The appointment was confirmed in a statement on Thursday issued by the presidency. President Tinubu also approved the appointment of Zeni Christine St. John as Special Assistant to the President on Delivery and Coordination.

Aishatu Kabir was also named as the special assistant to the President on delivery and coordination. The trio will work under the office of the special adviser on policy and coordination/head central delivery coordination unit, Hadiza Bala Usman. Meanwhile, an All Progressives Congress (APC) chieftain, Uche Nwosu, has urged President Bola Tinubu to introduce a reward system aimed at promoting excellence among Nigerian ministers.

Nwosu also advised that non-performing ministers should be sacked. He stated this while addressing newsmen in Abuja. He noted that while it is still early to assess the administration, which will clock one year by May 29, 2024, visible indices show that Tinubu is on the right track.

The APC chieftain specifically canvassed national honours for ministers that perform very well. According to him, “Let me stress that the President Tinubu administration is just getting to one year in office. When you look at the ministers that were appointed last year, people will be asking, ‘How many of them have done well?

“But we should also be looking at a reward system whereby ministers that perform well should be rewarded. “Infact if I am Mr President, any minister that has performed wonderfully well should be given a national honour.

“I will say that Mr President has done well and this can be seen in various areas like FCT where we have seen infrastructural development, in the finance sector where the Naira is appreciating, in the solid minerals sector where efforts are being made to generate revenue through mineral deposits. Also, some of the refineries are about to start production.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jailbreak: FG pledges to relocate correctional centers

  Jailbreak: FG pledges to relocate correctional centers Published   on   April 26, 2024 By   Esther Chisom Tunji-Ojo made the pledge when he visited the Suleja Medium Security Custodial Centre. DAILY POST recalls that 119 inmates escaped from the prison following a rainstorm that damaged the facility on Wednesday. The minister said it was imperative to relocate a lot of the correctional centres to a more conducive environment. “This facility was built in 1914 to house 250 inmates; before this incident, we had 499. “This is a testimony to what we keep talking about the overcrowding of our correctional centres. “You can look at the environment, it shows that we need to relocate them away from city centres to create better space, better security, and better infrastructure,” he said in a statement issued in Abuja by the Director of Press and Public Relations of the ministry, Mr Ozoya Imohimi. Tunji-Ojo said the ministry is already working behind the scenes to build a be...

FG set to deploy first batch of CNG vehicles ahead of Tinubu's one year in office come 29th May 2024

  FG announce plans to deploy the first batch of CNG Vehicles ahead of first anniversary of Tinubu in office on May 29th 2024. Said N100 billion was allocated to purchase 5,500 CNG vehicles, 100 electric buses, and over 20,000 CNG conversion kits. Deployment of CNG vehicles is parts of FG’s vision to have at least one million natural gas propelled vehicles on the roads by 2027. The Federal Government has announced plans to start the deployment of Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) buses and tricycles   for mass transit ahead of Tinubu administration’s first anniversary on May 29th. The move was disclosed by the Special Adviser to the President on Information and Strategy, Bayo Onanuga, in a statement on Sunday April 21st 2024. According to him, the Federal Government allocated N100 billion last year to purchase 5,500 CNG-powered vehicles (buses and tricycles), 100 electric buses, and over 20,000 CNG conversion kits. The funding, which is part of the N500 billion palliative budget, a...

Jonathan Opens Up: "Why I Don’t Want To Testify For Metuh"

An application filed by former President Goodluck Jonathan before the Federal High Court in Abuja has revealed further reasons why he wants to be excused from appearing as a witness in defence of a former National Publicity Secretary of the PDP, Olisa Metuh. Metuh is standing trial on charges involving, among others, the N400m he (Metuh) received from the Office of the National Security Adviser in 2014. The former President in his motion challenging the subpoena issued on him, stated that with “with several attempts by some persons in the current dispensation, to harass, intimidate and rubbish” his reputation and that of his wife, the witness summon issued on him upon Metuh’s request was a ploy to drag his name in the mud. He also argued in the motion filed on his behalf by his lawyer, Chief Mike Ozekhome (SAN), on Monday, that his testimony being sought in Metuh’s trial, would not only amount to an invasion of his right to privacy, it would also expose him to a cri...